Hyperconverged solutions simplify IT operations while reducing operational costs. A VxRail cluster allows businesses to start small when integrating into their datacenters and grown seamlessly. Individuals (internals or partners) supporting VxRail customers are required to understand and follow the implementation services in addition to understanding the extended VxRail environment. Individuals will use the certification to validate their knowledge to support implementation activities.
To complete the requirements for this certification you must:
1. Achieve one of the following Associate level certifications*
• Associate – Converged Systems and Hybrid Cloud Version 2.0
• Associate – Cloud Infrastructure and Services Version 3.0
2. Pass the following Specialist exam on or after June 11, 2021:
• DES-6322 Specialist – Implementation Engineer, VxRail Exam
Note: These details reflect certification requirements as of June 11, 2021.
The Proven Professional Program periodically updates certification requirements. *Please check the Proven Professional CertTracker website regularly for the latest information and for other options to meet the Associate level requirement.
This exam is a qualifying exam for the Specialist – Implementation Engineer, VxRail (DCS-IE) track.
This exam focuses on the overall product, hardware, and software requirements to implement a VxRail cluster. This includes an introduction to VxRail, hardware installation, pre-deployment tasks, environment validation, software implementation, post-deployment procedures, product scale-out options, REST API functionality, and common issues and troubleshooting of events.
Dell Technologies provides free practice tests to assess your knowledge in preparation for the exam. Practice tests allow you to become familiar with the topics and question types you will find on the proctored exam. Your results on a practice test offer one indication of how prepared you are for the proctored exam and can highlight topics on which you need to study and train further. A passing score on the practice test does not guarantee a passing score on the certification exam.
Products likely to be referred to on this exam include but are not limited to:
• Dell EMC VxRail 7.0.XXX
• Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers
• VMware vSphere
• VMware vSAN
• VMware vCenter
Topics likely to be covered on this exam include:
Introduction to VxRail (8%)
• Describe VxRail use cases, architecture, models, and software stack
• Describe VxRail management, licensing, and data protection options
VxRail Pre-deployment Tasks and Hardware Installation (12%)
• Describe VxRail pre-installation requirements and use of the configuration tools
• Describe VxRail system racking and cabling procedures
• Describe system power up/down and setting management VLAN procedures
VxRail Network Environment Requirements and Initialization (10%)
• Validate the network environment manually
• Validate the network environment using the Network Validation Tool
• Describe ToR network requirements and settings
VxRail System Initialization (17%)
• Describe considerations for deploying Embedded and External vCenter configurations
• Explain differences in the VxRail implementation procedures for various configuration options
• Perform a VxRail initialization using the VxRail First Run Wizard
• Explain requirements for 2-node implementations
VxRail Post-deployment Procedures (20%)
• Perform post-installation validation of the VxRail Cluster Configure support account, SRS, and perform software upgrades
• Describe how to Implement licenses for a VxRail cluster
• Explain the vSAN configuration settings and configure required vSAN settings post deployment
• Configure support account and SRS
• Complete a Test Plan and generate a VxRail As-Built Configuration report
VxRail Cluster Expansion and Stretched Clusters (13%)
• Describe VxRail Upgrade requirements and activities
• Describe VxRail appliance scale-out best practices and the cluster expansion process
• Describe the VxRail Stretched Cluster architecture, features, and requirements
VxRail Troubleshooting (13%)
• Perform VxRail log collections
• Describe VxRail troubleshooting resources and their uses
• Troubleshooting using vSAN tools
• Perform VxRail RASR factory image upgrade and reset procedures
VxRail Appliance REST API (7%)
• Identify REST API functionality available in VxRail and use VxRail API to perform tasks
The percentages after each topic above reflects the approximate distribution of the total question set across the exam.
The following curriculum is recommended for candidates preparing to take this exam.
Please complete one of the following courses
Please complete one of the following courses Course Title Course Number Mode Available as of VxRail Appliance 7.0.XXX Concepts ES101CPX02007 On Demand 09/11/2020
Please complete the following course Course Title Course Number Mode Available as of VxRail 7.0.XXX Feature - REST API ES102CPX02009 On Demand 04/23/2021
Please complete one of the following courses Course Title Course Number Mode Available as of VxRail Installation and Implementation ES524CPX00074 Classroom/Virtual Classroom 3/5/2021 VxRail 7.0.XXX Installation and Implementation
ES502CPX02031 On Demand 02/22/2021
Note: These exam description details reflect contents as of June 11, 2021.
The Proven Professional Program periodically updates exams to reflect technical currency and relevance. Please check the Proven Professional website regularly for the latest information.
What is a consideration when implementing a custom VDS on a VxRail cluster?
A. Used by multiple clusters managed by a single vCenter instance
B. Supported with external and internal vCenter Servers
C. Supports only four NIC uplinks
D. Supports only two NIC uplinks
Correct Answer: B
What is the recommended format for host names when using the VxRail Deployment Wizard for an External vCenter solution?
A. FQDN for vCenter Server Host name for VxRail Manager
B. Host name for both vCenter Server and for VxRail Manager
C. FQDN for both vCenter Server and for VxRail Manager
D. Host name for vCenter Server FQDN for VxRail Manager
Correct Answer: A
A company needs to enable vSphere GPU capabilities on their VxRail cluster. To do so, they need to purchase a specific entitlement.
What licensing satisfies this requirement?
A. vSphere Enterprise Plus
B. vSAN Enterprise Plus Edition
C. vSAN Advanced Edition
D. vSphere Standard
Correct Answer: B